Friday, April 21, 2006

studio LDA - Opinion on Guernica by Picasso



Guernica, oil on canvas, 349x776, Museo Reina Sofia.

Have you seen the painting?

I haven’t been lucky enough to see the real piece. In any case, its only sharing my personal opinion. By seeing the piece from books and magazines, I think even if I forget the political aspects of the painting, I would still like the painting. It’s “crudeness”, “distortion” and “jarring presence” are quite appropriate. I believe seeing the real piece could be possibly more disturbing.

In my opinion, this piece of work is generally better then the other portraits drawn with the same crudeness and distortion. Picasso's works are generally not my cup of tea, but then maybe that was exactly how he felt about people and the world ?

look from www.studiolda.com

No comments: