Friday, April 28, 2006

studio LDA : making-talking-thinking

I think I was more a drawing board designer by training (an architect). There is always this gap between the making and my drawing board. And model making is just not enough to close this mental gap. About 4 months ago, I started a piece of wooden sculpture. I began to study the grain, the texture, orientation of cracks.. of the material. I felt like coming to know a friend. And I would feel sorry for the wood when I make a wrong cut. Somehow that exercise helped me to understand the relationship between the real built, the building process and design.

I think when you make, you try to talk to the thing you make. I guess that talking is thinking.

look from www.studiolda.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey..you can sell your art works and sculptures at this place called galleriiizu.They are having an art market this week onwards till May 21, every sunday! if im not mistaken on May21, its a colletible art sale..anyone can sell their items there.It's cool.Check it out.maybe u can contact them and ask.Hope to see your items on sale, man!
www.galleriiizu.com

Anonymous said...

hey there...i just stumble upon your home. Well, about what coolio said, i heard about it too. Sounds worth visiting that gallery place. Heard from some of my blogger friends too. Heard they are selling designer items. limited eh!
thanks for the contacts, will check the place out!

chee meng look said...

Thanks. Would probably happen later as I have only weekends for the studio.
Still, I am happy as long as the web and blog help to improve conversation and awareness of art & culture in this part of the world.

look from LDA