Sunday, March 11, 2007

studio LDA - To enjoy can be different from to experience

To enjoy can be different from to experience – A short trip to Yogyakarta
Is there a difference between the two? This trip to Yogyakarta made me think of the differences.
My mum had been nagging me about the trip; that it would be a waste as there is nothing to enjoy. There is nothing to see, to eat, to enjoy. In a way my 3 years old daughter proved her right. As when I asked about what are the memorable things about the trip. She said hotel swimming pool, ice-cream and TV in the bed room, which she had long requested to be installed in our house, but she got a big nope from me.

You might disagree with them just like my self. But I do think both of them are entitled to their opinions. Why? My mum had gone through all these years of hardship since the Japanese occupation years in Malaya to economic crisis in recent years in Malaysia? Theses experiences of her life are by far more real then any trip to any where in the form of a few days travel. As for my 3 years old daughter, she knows only graphically how scary it was for snow white to be lost in the dark forest. What should we expect from her?

As for me and my wife, carrying the 3 years old up the Barabudur was but a little catalyst of the life experience. Its no where near the “becak- tricycle” driver who carried us in the front seats for a whole day, under the scorching sun and steaming rain, for a meager RM24. I think this Java tour is about enriching experience and perspective of life. That is different from sipping a glass of cold rich ice cold Javanese coffee, and reading about Java from a coffee table book.

Check out the power point slides of our tour. Hope you would be there too to experience the Javanese coffee yourself.

look from studio LDA

No comments: