Saturday, November 24, 2007

You are part of me and I am part of you


“You are part of me and I am part of you”.

You might think it is a romantic line from a love story script. The fact is, it is a scientific truth. And it is a line true to almost anything, “dead” or “living“, around you.

When I last watch a movie titled “The fountain”, about three characters’ common search for eternal life. I was shocked and at the same time disappointed by the ending of Tomas, one of the characters; having drunk the sap of tree of life, turned into plants. It’s no different from a scene that I long ago seen in Manga, and it is contradictory to the medics saying about somebody turning vegt. But one thing I did enjoyed though was the movie tinged my mind on a subject long buried; meaning of eternal life.

I do in certain sense believe that everybody will physically live forever in chemical term. Just like the universal concept about energy will not perish into nothingness. The death of one thing marks only the beginning of some other energy forms. A dead body will perished into soil; feed the plants and small living organisms, which in turn feed the larger living forms. As the process goes in cycles, and the chemical presences can be transferred in solid, liquid or gaseous state, you, and me can therefore be part of running water, cloud, any thing you imagine to be.

Thinking beyond a poem from an ancient Chinese poet Chow Tze Jien’s poem, that he composed while his brother Chow Je, the Wei kingdom emperor, was trying to find an excuse to kill him; “.. it was originally from the same root, why such a hush and rush. (for the branches to burn itself to cook the beans, of which the beans and branches used to grow on a same tree) “.

Think what human are now doing to the earth and to each other. I believe we are the silliest living things on earth. No wonder Adam was banished from Garden of Eden. Now I know, it was we who had banished ourselves. For one simple reason, when we cannot recognise the materiality, how can we ever recognise our own soul.


look fr studio LDA

No comments: